Happy 2023! A New Year, A New You!
It’s a new year and many of us are looking for ways to renew ourselves. Such as using the latest cutting-edge technology, like Emface, a new device from BTL. If you have been to my office you know I believe in the technology that has been developed by BTL. I personally use Exilis ultra 360 to tighten and lift my skin to prevent the sagging pull of gravity.
Exilis Ultra 360 and Emsculpt
I have been using Exilis Ultra 360 since 2017 to tighten and lift my skin to prevent the sagging pull of gravity. It has even helped to lift my upper eyelids, which I had noticed had hooded over my eyes. I also use it for the chin strap treatment to prevent sagging and maintain a chiseled chin.
Not only is Exilis Ultra 360 great for the face, but it can also be used to contour the body, including my tummy pouch from too many holiday pies! It also has the Femme treatment for post-menopausal vaginal dryness, laxity and increase vascular blood flow which helps with leaking urine when you cough, sneeze, laugh or jump.
In addition to Exilis Ultra 360, I also use Emsculpt to keep my core strong and my metabolism up, and Emsella to help with pelvic muscles and reduce the urge to make frequent trips to the bathroom. Gentleman having healthy strong pelvic muscles created with Emsella can prevent issues such as erectile dysfunction, especially if combined with good nutrition and good nitric oxide levels.
What about Emface?
Now, what about this new BTL device, Emface? Emface, like Emsculpt, uses high intensity low frequency electromagnetic energy and, like Exilis, uses radiofrequency (RF). High intensity low frequency electromagnetic energy increases the density of the muscle to lift and create natural volume, potentially reducing the need for needles and fillers. RF stimulates the formation of new collagen and elastin to strengthen and tighten skin and improve elasticity, which keeps the skin smooth and prevents fine lines and wrinkles.
While I may add Emface to my practice in the future, I currently believe that Exilis alone can increase volume and prevent fine lines and wrinkles. I also add facial yoga and facial weight lifting to my routine to keep my facial muscles toned and skin tight.
Facial yoga stimulates facial muscles, helping improve their tone, increases blood circulation to the skin, as does RF. Massage and acupressure incorporated into facial yoga help to relax key points in the face. Once one loses the elasticity of the skin repetitive facial expression will produce wrinkles. I like to make sure I stimulate the collagen and elastin to keep that elastic snap in my skin with RF with Exilis. I keep my facial muscle toned with chin gym, facial yoga and facial relaxation to prevent wrinkles and bit of Xeomin. The more skin tightening I do with Exilis Ultra 360, the less neuromodulars are needed to prevent wrinkles.
Most experts recommend ideally practicing facial yoga up to six days a week for around 30 minutes a day for the practice to really pay off. Remember not to scrunch your face while performing facial yoga.
These exercises are easy to do and can be done from the comfort of your own home:
- Eye-Opener: Use your fingers to form a “binocular” shape around your eyebrows, cheeks, and across your face. Lift your eyebrows without wrinkling your forehead too much, then squint, and then lift them again. Aim to repeat about 50 times.
- Forehead Lifter: Interlace your fingers over your forehead and apply light pressure while attempting to lift your forehead. Repeat 50 times, and/or hold for up to one minute. Another way to do this is to place both palms on your temples, push your palms up and back to lift the sides of your face, then hold for five seconds, and keep repeating.
- Cheek Lifter: Open your mouth wide, keep your teeth covering your lips, and lift your cheeks. Hold for 10 seconds, then return to normal. Aim to repeat 50 times. (Try not to squint while lifting.)
- Neck and Jaw Stretch: Tilt your face upward slightly, then lift your chin up and forward at a 45-degree angle and over toward one shoulder, holding there for three seconds. Return back to center, then repeat to the other side. Repeat 20 times on each side, or aim to keep repeating for one or several minutes straight. Another good way to stretch and strengthen your neck and jaw (only if you have no neck issues) is to tilt your head all the way back and hold, repeating for up to a minute.
- Pucker Lips: Pucker your lips, loosen them slightly, and repeat. Repeat for up to one or several minutes.
- Smiler: Smile 50 times without wrinkling your eyes, then hold a soft smile for 50 seconds straight.
- Massage + Face Savasana: Clean your hands and face with a gentle cleanser, then massage your face all over (you may want to use coconut oil to make this easier). Gently press your fingertips into your facial muscles to relieve any strain. Make sure to pay attention to your “third eye” (the space between your brows), massaging for 30 minutes and circling around your eyes. (You may want to try using your fingers around your forehead and eyes too.) Finish with a warm towel laid over your face as you lay down and relax.
If you have any questions, please feel free to schedule a complimentary discovery call with me.
Happy exercising and take care of yourself!
For more information
Work with Dr. Anita to improve your quality of life with optimal health and vitality.
You can schedule an appointment online with Dr. Anita, or contact us to learn more about a personalized wellness program.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.