Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water Daily
Who’s in for a 30 day Lemon Water Challenge? 👋 Glass of lemon water, first thing in the morning. See how you feel!
There’s a lot of debate over certain things that lemon water can do for the body, but some benefits are undeniable:
- Hydration: 8 cups of water is an easy number to remember. If adding lemon helps you get your daily water intake, go for it.
- Vitamin C: the antioxidant protects cells from free radicals and oxidative stress, and may reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke, and lower blood pressure.
- Potassium boost: great for post workout electrolytes
- Polyphenol antioxidants support weight loss in a research study of overfeeding mice by offsetting the negative effects on blood glucose levels and improved insulin resistance. If that doesn’t convince you, consider the saving in calories from lemon water instead of your Frappuccino or juice.
- Hydration keeps skin moist, preventing wrinkles
- Aids digestion: some people drink it as a laxative to keep the bowels moving.
- Freshens breath/prevents dry mouth by stimulating saliva
- Prevents kidney stones: citrate in lemons makes urine less acidic
Pro Tip: Make sure you’re drinking your lemon water through a straw to avoid eroding your tooth enamel.
During her wellness assessments and plans, Dr. Anita may recommend lemon water for you depending on your unique body’s needs, based on her extensive medical history, nutrition, and lifestyle interviews. Contact Dr. Anita today for your free discovery phone consult. Just like drinking lemon water daily – you have so little to lose but so much to possibly gain with this one simple start.
How has lemon water helped you? We love it for getting the day started on the right foot.
Tag your #lemonwaterchallenge buddy and let’s do this!